You will need:
- A glass container with a narrow opening (check thrift stores)
- 4-5 reed diffuser sticks
- 1/4 cup carrier oil
- 20-25 drops of essential oils Best Essential Oils Ever
Mix the essential oils and carrier oil together in the glass container.
Place the diffuser sticks in the container. It will take a while for the oil to travel up the sticks, so speed up the process by flipping the sticks after several hours.
Continue to flip the sticks every few days to refresh the scent.
Patchouli + Ylang Ylang + Wild Orange
Lime + Eucalyptus
Vetiver + Ylang Ylang
Cedarwood + Lavender + White Fir
Arborvitate + Cedarwood + Ylang Ylang
Lavender + White Fir
Ginger + Cinnamon + Wild Orange
- A container with a narrow-opening is preferred for this project since it will slow down evaporation. Another option would be to find a glass container with a cork, and drill holes in it for the reeds.
- Heavier oils, such as olive oil or jojoba oil, will take longer to travel up the reeds, so for quicker results, stick with lighter oils, like sweet almond.
- Once the reeds become completely saturated, you’ll need to replace them with new ones. And you’ll also need to replenish your oil supply eventually too–although that will depend on what type of essential oils, container, and carrier oil you are using.